Oriental Rug Salon’s superior kilim and rug cleaning services are an important way we help our clients preserve and care for their handmade kilims and rugs – including Persian, Turkish, Moroccan, Chinese, Indian, Bolivian, Caucasian, Aubusson, Savonnerie, and all other hand-knotted rugs and carpets; Indian, Navajo kilims, dhurries, tapestries, and all other handwoven pieces.
Our team of experienced and certified craftspeople clean rugs and kilims by hand using effective and safe techniques employed by the most experienced artisans throughout the carpet weaving world.
To help our clients understand the processes we take to care for their cherished area rug, we provide a detailed pre-inspection report of every piece – from the smallest kilim to the palace size Persian carpet. This report will outline our findings during the initial inspection and our course of action in providing a thoroughly exhaustive hand-washing.
- Each area rug receives a twenty-four-hour “bleed test.” This test is designed to test for dye migration and the stability of the rug’s colors.
- A Thorough Dry Dusting: Each rug receives over 40,000 harmonic vibrations designed to remove the dust particles that reside deep between the fibers at the intersection where warps meet wefts and in between the fibers that comprise the pile. These are particles that are not generally extracted by ordinary vacuuming. This vibration is safe for the area rug and will remove such sediment as dirt, sand, dust mites, pollen, etc.;
- Submerge and Brushing: Ninety-Eight percent of all area rugs are then submerged washed using safe, allergen-free cleaning agents. We soak all rugs for a pre-determined amount of time and follow through with extensive brushing and grooming of the entire piece, including fringes. We take care to minimize the risk of damage caused by possible color-run and compromising sensitive fibers in the piece’s weaving; and
- Complete and Thorough Drying: we allow the piece to thoroughly dry on an air table to minimize the risk of the wool shrinking, curling, or compromising the shape of the rug or kilim.
- The area rug is then final inspected and prepared for delivery.
Oriental Rug Salon also specializes in pet urine removal. In addition to the above steps, rugs that show evidence of pet urine contamination receive a twenty-four-hour bath in live enzymes. These enzymes will digest the bacteria located throughout the fibers of the rug that are responsible for the nauseous odor.
Oriental Rug Salon is a Certified Partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI). Also, we are A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau and a six-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
Also please be sure to visit us on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OrientalRugSalon/