When choosing a company to care for your cherished wool or silk area rug, experience, certification, and method of cleaning matters.
At Oriental Rug Salon, our entire staff is devoted to the care and preservation of all types of Persian and Oriental rugs. Our services are relied upon by museums, insurance companies, restoration contractors, rug collectors, and proud owners of beautiful rugs that want them cared for with love and dedication.
Every area rug trusted to Oriental Rug Salon is cleaned by hand. Many “rug cleaning shops” prefer to use impersonal automated equipment to batch wash ten or more rugs at a time. This approach to tumbling rugs in a bath means that all rugs are treated the same, and many rugs are washed with rugs that may contain pet urine or worse.
Our hands-on approach ensures that each area rug receives individualized attention for the best care possible. And you know what? Hand-washing is no more expensive than batch washing!
- A thorough Pre-Inspection to determine the best method of cleaning
- Dye and pH Testing to determine rug colorfastness and to locate urine contamination
- Dusting and Dry Soil Removal using the industry-leading Rug Badger system
- Full Immersion Washing with Industry approved shampoos
- pH condition rinse to ensure no residues are left behind and that fibers are conditioned
- Air table dried – Over 90% of rugs cleaned are dried flat on an air table to prevent stretching
- The nap of each rug, where appropriate, is reset and groomed into position
- An allergen-free light enzymatic deodorizer is applied
- Final Inspection
- The area rug is rolled in specialty paper and then delivered to the client
At Oriental Rug Salon, we proudly display our qualifications, industry memberships, achievements, and certifications. We keep all our rug and fabric care qualifications up to date and available for inspection.
Oriental Rug Salon is a Certified Partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI). In addition, we are A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau and a six-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
Visit our online video library:
- How often should I clean my area rug? https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/often-clean-rug/
- How to identify moth damage?https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/identify-moth-bug-damage-rugs/
- Two mistakes made my most rug owners. https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/two-mistakes-made-rug-owners/
- How should you vacuum your area rugs? https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/vacuum-area-rugs/
- Why carpet cleaners should never clean rugs. https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/never-let-carpet-cleaner-clean-rugs-home/
- The purpose of rug padding. https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/need-rug-pad/
- Does my area rug need rug protector? https://www.orientalrugsalon.com/videos/what-is-protector/
Oriental and Persian Rug Cleaning, Repair and Restoration Services Provided Throughout The Cities Of: Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples, Marco Island, Sanibel, Captiva, Useppa, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Pine Island, Lehigh Acres, North Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Bokeelia, Saint James City, Matlacha, Alva and Buckingham Florida.
Our services include Oriental, Persian, Wool, Silk and Synthetic rug cleaning, fringe repair, and replacement, moth control, pet urine treatment for Oriental, wool, silk and Turkish rugs, fiber protection for Oriental rugs, Scotchgard for Oriental, Rug padding for Oriental rugs, Turkish and Persian area rugs, Oriental rug storage and Oriental rug appraisals.