Before you begin weaving your own Oriental rug, consider this. Rug weaving is an art. A skilled weaver can tie about 6,000 knots per day. Thus, the time for one person to knot a 9′ x 12′ rug in several common qualities works out like this:
Knots Per Square Knots in a 9’X12′ Time Required To Weave Inch Area Rug 9’X12′ Aree Rug
60 933,120 151 Days (5 Months)
91 1,415,232 237 Days (7.9 Months
135 2,099,520 348 Days (11.5 Months
180 2,799,360 464 Days (15.5 Months)
The above estimates do not include the time needed to prepare the wool (for clipping, carding, spinning, and dying), to map the design (about 8 days), or to wash and clip the finished carpet (more than 15 days).
Oriental Rug Salon knows you cherish your household treasures. To keep these textiles spotless, we offer a variety of cleaning and restoration services that will help promote good indoor air quality and extend the life and beauty of your area rug.
Oriental Rug Salon is a Certified partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI). In addition, we are A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau and a five-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
Our Oriental, Persian, Turkish, wool and silk area rug cleaning is performed by hand at our dedicated rug cleaning plant by experienced and certified experts. We also offer full-service repair of area rugs, fringe repair, and replacement, and are widely known for our restoration and pet urine treatment services.
Oriental Rug Salon is the “cleaner of choice” for many rug collectors, interior designers, restoration companies and consumers who want to make sure their rug is cared for correctly.
Please visit our online videos for more information on how to preserve your cherished area rug.
- How often should I clean my area rug? Click Here
- How to identify moth and bug damage on my Oriental area rug? Click Here
- How often should I vacuum my area rug? Click Here
- Is my local carpet cleaner qualified to clean my Oriental rugs? Click Here
- HELP! My pet had an accident on my Oriental rug. Click Here
- What is a Tufted area rug? Click Here
- My area rug has white knots and “freckles”. Click Here
- What causes light and dark lines on my Oriental area rug? Click Here
- My Oriental rug has been “tea washed.” What does that mean? Click Here
- What is a Viscose area rug? Click Here
- Do I need a rug pad? Click Here
- How to tell if I need protector applied to my Oriental area rug? Click Here
Service Area Oriental Rug Cleaning Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples, Marco Island, Sanibel, Captiva, Useppa, North Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Marco Island, Lehigh Acres, Alva, Buckingham, Matlacha, Saint James City, Bokeelia, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, and Sarasota Florida.
We offer wool area rug cleaning, silk area rug cleaning, Oriental, Persian, Turkish, Indian and Chinese rug cleaning, area rug padding, pet urine treatments for area rugs, moth and insect control, fringe repair and replacement, full-service repairs of Oriental area rugs and area rug appraisals and valuations.